The last blog post of the year highlights the BEST blog posts of the year!
This list includes the stories and updates that were most read, liked, and shared during 2019.
10. Art Loss – This post actually ranks much higher because of a TON of support and sharing by friends and family and appreciators of art. Since there was no happy outcome, I’m including it only as number ten.
9. Dating Game – I’m not sure if it was the nostalgia of Colorforms or the lively conversations that ensued regarding dating your novels with outdated references, but this post was a favorite for many.
8. A Body in Motion – An optimistic piece about overcoming a long 2/3 of 2019 and finally getting my mojo back. I think a lot of readers identified with the struggles of loss and depression and stagnant bodies and minds.
7. I Want to Rock’n’Roll All Night – Thanks to the MANY fangs of the band Liliac, this post was popular across social media. If I was putting together a Top 10 of concerts of 2019, this one would be NUMBER ONE.
6. Does Word Count Matter? – This blog was cross-posted by other writers, which is very cool to me.
5. Puppies are Fun? – The first of several puppy blogs, this one documented the scary and stressful delivery of our corgi pups.
4. A PUPPY PARTY! – Definitely a highlight of our year! I was pleased to share the puppy reunion through a blog post and readers agreed. Seven of our eight offspring were able to attend. I hope to make this an annual event!
3. The Pickle – A post dedicated to my beloved aunt. And appreciating the simple things in life.
2. Why Writing is Better than Speaking – I chuckled as I reread this post from February. Still applicable. USE YOUR WORDS FOR GOOD.
1. Yes, Virginia, there is a THIRD post of Thanks, Gifts, and Giving – My most popular posts this year were the THREE posts sharing other people’s gift stories. The third installment was the highest rated of the three. Thanks, Gifts, and Giving Post pt. 1 and T, G, and G Part 2 were also well-read and shared. I’m lumping them together because they really are worthy of being #1. It was a pleasure to share other people’s words.
Thank you for reading, following, and commenting on my blogs.
I’ve been doing this for over 400 posts and seven years and I can’t thank you enough for sticking around! Stay tuned and tell your friends–I’ll be back in 2020 with insight, essays, reviews, and rants.
Happy New Year!