- Selling is the best! For as much as I will miss my old house, the neighbors and the neighborhood, it’s a relief to have sold it. Because…
- Buying is the best! Even though the processes of buying (can you say “red tape and hoop-jumping”?) and moving suck, it is so exciting that we now own this awesome house! Thank you* to the many people who worked so hard for this to come together.
- Buy/Sell a House, Kill a Tree (or two). Holy moly, you would not believe how much paperwork is involved with the undertaking, in triplicate.
- What’s worse? Getting boxes, packing boxes, moving boxes, unpacking boxes, or disposing of boxes? Yes.
- After only five days in the new place, the most important thing I have learned is this:
I am home.
Thank you: Zach & Christina, Elizabeth Wirsing, Scott Becker, John Corneille, Two Men & a Truck, Bubba from Schwan’s, friends and family for your support and patience while I obsessed over my new crush and complained about packing, and especially Dave who still loves me despite all my stuff.
Bonus lesson: It’s fully light by 5:30 a.m. I did not know that. But thanks to sheer blinds, I know now! (Top of the to-do list: window treatments.)
And it might as well stay chilly until I’ve earned (unpacked) a spot by the pool. That’s mighty fine incentive, if you ask me.