We’ve been in the new house four months. Here are a handful of things that make me happy I moved:
- Closet Space. Do I really need to elaborate? Those with will understand and those without will rightfully covet.
- The Pool and Hot Tub. Those were not necessarily selling points, but since they came with the house, we got ’em. Never thought we’d enjoy having a pool as much as we do or utilize a hot tub so often, but we’re discovering we really like ’em. It’s been a great summer for swimming. As much as I love autumn, I’m going to miss the pool.
- The Bells. Every :59, the bells chime in the new hour. I’m not sure from where they toll, but I love hearing them.
- Our Location. We walk downtown! We can see Kite Fest from our driveway! Pita Pete’s delivery is ridiculously speedy!
- Unpacking. Yes, I said it. It’s been slow going, but we’re making progress, and (some of the time) I’m actually enjoying the process. Often, when opening a mystery box, we discover fun things forgotten. The most recent was a stack of old cd’s, mixes made over the past ten to twenty years. Remember mixed cds? Downloads from Napster! Remember Napster? Since they’re homemade, there’re no labels. We’ve been pleasantly surprised at what pops up on them. Everything from Seal to Cornershop, Seven Day Jesus to Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Cotton Mather to Duncan Sheik, Icicle Works to Beck, and everything in between. It’s an audible Christmas.
5a. I even like the green shutters. Didn’t think I would, but they’ve grown on me. Where do I live? Oh, you can’t miss it, it’s the house with green shutters.
Change can be hard, even when it’s change you initiate. I am content and relieved to say that this move has been a good thing. I look forward to sharing many more lists and years to come in this home.